Sutton Housing Partnership was established in 2006 and manages council housing in Sutton. We aim to bring investment and improvements to homes across the borough. We are responsible for the day-to-day management of housing services to around 6,000 council tenants and 1,500 leaseholders.
Our focus is on delivering our core landlord services to ensure that we deliver these consistently well. We are committed to investing in our residents and supporting them to access appropriate services to address a range of issues, including health & wellbeing, financial resilience, training and employment.
As a Housing Officer, you will be passionate about customer service and able to demonstrate and work towards our HOME values, High Performing, One Team, Make it Happen and Excellent Customer Services, whilst putting our residents at the heart of everything you do.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- An excellent communicator; able to deal with enquiries with sensitivity and empathy
- Manage residents’ expectations firmly and respectfully
- Able to provide advice and assistance to our residents by responding appropriately to enquiries by phone, email, post, face to face and in writing
- Able to work with diverse or vulnerable customers
- Keen negotiation and influencing skills and able to advocate on behalf of others
- Work on their own and as part of a team and adapt to change
- Provide advice and information to residents on all matters relating to their tenancy, Welfare Benefits, Anti-Social Behaviour and Tenancy Sustainment and signpost where appropriate
This role can be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate. We are looking to fill four vacancies within our team, which is at the heart of Sutton Housing Partnership and is responsible for providing administrative services on behalf of our Housing Management Team along with reception services on behalf of the wider organisation.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide range of benefits;
● 27 days annual leave
● Local Government Pension Scheme
● Simply Health staff benefit
● Modern and flexible working environment
● Recognition Awards
Before applying please refer to the Role Profile and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined in the role profile.
For more details about the role please contact Sharon Wright 020 8915 2000
Important Information - Criminal Records
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory result to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
Closing Date: 26 September 2022
Anticipated interview dates 6 to 7th October 2022
Job Title: Housing Officer
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:45am to 17.00pm
Pay and banding Band 2, £24,789 to £27,597
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract
To apply please use the following link that will redirect you to Sutton Council's website:
For more information about Sutton Housing Partnership please visit their website: